About Palm Springs
Join us in understanding the word of God and appreciating the love that He bestowed upon us
Meet the Pastor
Pastor Benjamin Alakkad has been associated with Palm Springs Pentecostal Church since the late 90s. He started leading a home group. In 2010 he joined the church leadership. In 2019 was ordained as Pastor and has been pastoring the church ever since. He is also graduated in ICT and works full time with a local telecom company. He is married to Mary Grace since 1996 and they have two children.
At our Zabbar based pentecostal church, we hold a range of activities that will help you grasp theology and faith in a more strong and understandable manner. We provide our congregation with a range of activities throughout the week that will present them with a well-formed understanding of God’s word.
The activities that we hold at the Palm Springs Pentecostal Church in Zabbar range from Sunday worship and word, prayer, bible studies and even healthy discussions among our pastors and congregation members. We at the Palm Springs Pentecostal Church welcome everyone who would like to join us in understanding and maintaining a strong relationship with God through faith, worship, inspiration and a strong understanding of theology.
We at Palm Springs Pentecostal Church hold the classical pentecostal faith which is based to inspire in our attendees a love for Christ and a passion for consciousness and righteousness. We believe that in demonstrating the power of His Spirit through worship, teachings and ministry, we can help our followers to better understand the word and power of God in a loving and fulfilling manner.
People do not always understand what being a part of a Pentecostal church means. When it comes to our foundations, they lie in a choice of theology and faith based on a number of things. The first and most inspiring one is the bible itself. The bible was given to humankind as the word of God and a guide in all matters of both conduct and faith. We also hold strong beliefs in the Holy Trinity, Salvation, the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and the second coming of Jesus Christ.
Visit us at our Zabbar based premises and join us in understanding the word of God and appreciating the love that He bestowed upon us at Palm Springs Pentecostal Church.
Statement of Faith
The fundamental teachings of this congregation are reflected in the following clear statements of faith:
- We believe in the absolute verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of Scriptures as originally given. The Scriptures are the revelation of God to man, being infallible, without error, and the only and final authority for all matters of faith and conduct (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:13).
- We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as One God existing in Three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, being distinct but inseparable (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe in the creation, temptation, and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual corruption and inability to achieve Divine righteousness (Romans 5:12, 18).
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saviour of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, truly God and truly Man (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:14-18; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6).
- We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples (1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 4:25).
- We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation, and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for His Church (John 14:2-3; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission (the sending away) of sins (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12; Romans 5:11).
- We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the Name of the Eternal Godhead, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in order to fulfill the command of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 19:4-5).
- We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit as a real experience at or following salvation, with the Scriptural evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance (Acts 2:1- 4; 8:14-17; Galatians 3:14).
- We believe in the operation of the Gifts of the Spirit as specified in 1 Corinthians 12-14 and manifested in the early church.
- We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as expressing the true Christian faith (Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1).
- We believe in the healing of the body by Divine Power, or Divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the early church (Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 12:9; James 5:14).
- We believe in obeying the Lord’s command to partake of the Holy Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers (1 Corinthians 11:28-32; Matthew 26:26-28).
- We believe in the reality and personality of the Devil and eternal judgment in the Lake of Fire for the Devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:14-15).
- We believe in eternal life for believers (John 3:16; 5:24), and eternal punishment for the unbelievers (Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:14-15).
- We believe that there is one true universal Church, made up of genuine believers, but this one universal church is also composed of many local churches in given localities. These Churches are under the sovereign Headship of the Lord Jesus Christ, exercising the right of self-government under Him, administering all its local affairs and ministry, as well as the propagation of the gospel (Acts 15:22; Matthew 16:18; 18:15-20).
- We believe that Government is ordained of God and the powers that be are ordained as ministers of God to us for good. To resist the powers and the ordinances are to resist the ordinance of God. We are subject not only for wrath’s sake but for conscience sake, rendering to all their dues, custom to whom custom, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. We declare our loyalty to our Government and its leaders and will assist in every way possible consistent with our faith in the Scriptures as Christian citizens (Romans 13).